Phone: +353 51 302920
Fax: +353 51 341100
ArcLabs Research & Innovation Centre,
WIT, West Campus,
Kilkenny Research & Innovation Centre
St. Kieran’s College Campus,
Silicon Valley Office:
189 West Santa Clara Street,
San Jose, CA 95113,
(phone) +1 408.380.7200
(fax) +1 408.380.7205
View Map: irishic.com/contact
WGS 84 Latitude/Longitude Coordinates for your SatNav device: N 52.2536118, W -7.1875053
TSSG Location: International Travel
The TSSG is based at Waterford Institute of Technology’s (W.I.T) West Campus in Carriganore, on the western edge of Waterford City, next to the River Suir and the new by-pass. This section below gives detailed driving directions for TSSG visitors.
The TSSG can be accessed from a number of airports, (Dublin being the best for onward connections). All airports can be accessed via public transport, see below list:
- Dublin – Dublin is approx. a two hour car journey on the motorway, first M9 followed by M7, to Waterford. Direct bus and indirect rail links to Waterford are available connection points for travellers.
- Cork – Cork is a two hour drive, public transport connections are limited.
- Shannon – Slightly further than Cork, hire car is the best connection point.
- Waterford - The airport is local, most flights are offered by Aer Arann. The TSSG is a short 15min taxi ride from the airport.
Travel from Dublin Airport:
- A direct bus from Dublin Airport to Waterford is provided by J.J. Kavanagh Coaches. The coach pick up point is located at area 14. If arriving into Terminal 1 or T2 follow the signs to area 14. Allow 4h to get to Waterford, (though it may be faster, depending on time of day and traffic flow).
- Airport Shuttle Bus also called 748 Dublin Bus goes to Heuston Train Station (1hr). It is located directly outside Arrivals. (Avoid the AirCoach which only serves hotels). At Heuston Station, take the train to Waterford (2.5hrs).
Travel from Cork Airport:
- Get a bus to Cork city (.15-1h journey), and then a connecting bus to Waterford. (approx, 2h journey).
TSSG Location: Driving Directions
From Cork direction:
- Take the N25 to Waterford
- Go straight through Kilmeaden Roundabout (onto new N25 by-pass)
- Stay on the new N25 by-pass and take the first and only exit before the toll station – do not miss this!
- Turn right at first roundabout to cross over N25
- Take the second exit to the right at the first large roundabout Note: This is signposted Waterford Institute of Technology West Campus and is the main entrance to our campus.
- Follow the drive to the top mini roundabout, take the second exit to your right
- Follow the road until you reach the ArcLabs building which is the first major building on the left, drive straight into car park to park.
From Dublin direction:
- Take the M7 followed by M9 to Waterford and then take the new bridge (this is a toll bridge-not to be mistaken with the City bridge) at the end of the M9 motorway.
- Take the first exit after crossing the bridge. At the exit off-ramp take the left hand turn to Waterford (this is a roundabout).
- At the next (second) roundabout, take the second exit to the right (this is signposted Waterford Institute of Technology West Campus and is the main entrance to our campus.
- From there follow the drive to a mini roundabout where you take the second exit to your right (only real option at this roundabout). Follow the road until you reach the ArcLabs building which is the first major building on the left, drive straight into car park to park.
Option A (via toll bridge – simplest/advised):
- From Cork, take the N25 by-pass over the new toll bridge (1.80 Euros)
- From Limerick, you will arrive at a series of roundabouts, turning right onto the N25 toward the toll bridge (direction Cork via toll bridge).
- From Wexford you will turn right onto the N25 bypass as you reach the north eastern outskirts of the city, and this will take you directly to the toll bridge.
- After paying the toll, take first exit slip road off the N25 (DO NOT MISS – as it is a long way until the next exit in Kilmeaden)
- Take first exit on your left at the roundabout at the top of this exit slip road.
- Take the second exit to the right at the next large roundabout Note: This is signposted Waterford Institute of Technology West Campus and is the main entrance to our campus
- Follow the drive straight up the hill toward the mini roundabout, take the second exit to your right
- Follow the road until you reach the ArcLabs building which is the first major building on the left, drive straight into car park to park
Option B (via city centre):
- Use the ‘old’ N25 (follow signs to Waterford city centre), cross the Rice Bridge into the city, turn immediately left onto Quays
- Drive parallel to the river until you come to the Tower Hotel.
- The road veers around to the right, keep to right hand lane to go straight ahead