The Telecommunications Software & Systems Group is thematically structured by Research Units. The TSSG’s core expertise focuses on Telecommunication management, usability, flexibility, trust and security of communication systems, innovative services, network infrastructure, social media and mobile.
TSSG has approximately 40 active projects per calendar year , undertaken across core Research Units (RU) relating to a range of research themes including:
- 3MT (Mobile, Messaging & Middleware) - Full lifecycle of integrated services, Inter-discipline service management research, cognitive mechanisms, federation, virtual infrastructure & cloud computing
- Emerging Networks Laboratory – Investigating emerging network paradigms and processes for communication networks, infrastructure, smart grids and green systems of the future.
- Data Mining & Social Computing – Researching the full data analysis life cycle data gathering, data cleaning and warehousing through to modelling and presentation of results. Social Computing investigates methods for modelling social behaviour through computational systems.
- STR (Security and Trust Research) - Distributed trust and reputation management, access control for secure services, identity, privacy and data protection technologies, service policy continuity, coordination of national/international research and policy aspects of trust and security, protection of critical infrastructures.
- Mobile Services – Developing mobile applications for iOS, Android and Native using HTML5 and Hybrid, Sophistcated cloud based services with mobile clients and web frontends, secure and scalable multimedia services, Product and market strategies for your new idea, product, or service.