The Mobile Services Research Unit focuses on close to commercialisation research and collaborations with companies in the area of:
- Mobile application development for iOS, Android and Native (HTML5 and Hybrid)
- Complex service-backed for mobile application
- Product and market strategies for your new idea, product, or service
We are developing new platforms and services to enable new types of community experiences and to manage the growing volumes of personal data across a range of devices and networks. We are working with companies bringing the expertise of this group to tackle business problems through the development of mobile services and solutions.
The Mobile Services Research Unit specialises in techniques such as:
- Mobile application development: iOS, Android, and Mobile Web.
- Mobile middleware: REST APIs and BaaS platform development.
- Cloud computing: Software as a Service, Platform as a Service and Infrastructure as a Service.
Mobile Services Projects
- Waterford Technologies
- VSEBaas (Fuseami – Spin Out)
- Inflight Airline Platform (IFAP)
- Wedding Dates
- SSSE / Fragd
Mobile Services Members
- Denise Manton (RU Manager, Mobile Services)
- Robert Mullins (Technical Lead)
- Dr. Michael Taynnan Barros (Post Doc Researcher)
- Martin Tolan (Technical Lead)
- Joe Tynan (Cloud Infrastructure Researcher)
- Kieran Sullivan (Senior Research Engineer)
- Tom Walsh (Senior Software Engineer)
- Robert Ryan (Graduate Software Engineer)
Denise Manton, Mobile Services Manager, presenting at NUIG mHealth Conference 2016.