Dr. Stepan Ivanov
Stepan has more than 5 years of research experience and is the lead author of several peer-reviewed conference and journal papers on the topic of bio-inspired network management, wireless sensor networking and performance modelling. Stepan received his Diploma (with honours) in applied mathematics and informatics from the Moscow State University, Russia. Directly after completing his Diploma, Stepan joined the Telecommunications Software & Systems Group (TSSG) in Waterford Institute of Technology, where he worked on his Ph.D. degree. Stepan has recently been awarded a Ph.D. in Computer Science, and is currently working in the TSSG as a post-doctoral researcher. Since joining, Stepan has been involved in a number of research projects.
1. S. Ivanov, S. Balasubramaniam, D. Botvich, O.B. Akan, “Gravity gradient routing for information delivery in fog Wireless Sensor Networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, vol. 46, pp. 61-74, 2016.
2. C. Kulatunga, L. Shalloo, W. Donnelly, E. Robson, S. Ivanov, “Opportunistic Networking with Ultra-Low Power Wireless in Dairy Farming,” to appear IEEE IT Professional, pp. 1-7, 2016.
3. S. Ivanov, K. Bhargava, W. Donnelly, “Precision Farming: Sensor Analytics,” IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 76-80, 2015.
4. S. Ivanov, D. Botvich, and S. Balasubramaniam, “Joint delay and energy model for IEEE 802.11 networks,” Wireless Networks, Springer, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 1121-1132, 2014.
5. S. Ivanov, C. Foley, S. Balasubramaniam and D. Botvich, “Virtual Groups for Patient WBAN Monitoring in Medical Environments,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 59, no. 11, pp. 3238 – 3246, 2012.
6. S. Ivanov, D. Botvich, and S. Balasubramaniam, “Cooperative Wireless Sensor Environments Supporting Body Area Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 284 – 292, 2012.
7. S. Ivanov, D. Botvich, and S. Balasubramaniam, “Enzyme-based circuit design for nano-scale computing,” Nano Communication Networks, Elsevier, vol. 3, pp. 168-174, 2012.
1. K. Bhargava, S. Ivanov, “Collaborative Edge Mining for Predicting Heat Stress in Dairy Cattle,” IFIP Wireless Days, pp. 1-6, 2016.
2. K. Bhargava, S. Ivanov, W. Donnelly, “Internet of Nano Things for Dairy Farming,” 2nd ACM International Conference on Nanoscale Computing and Communication, 2015.
Moscow State University – Diploma with Honours, 2007;
Waterford Institute of Technology – PhD, 2014.