MEPS Unit Manager
Since joining TSSG Frances has worked in the following main thematic research areas (as task leader, Work package leader, project manager): Pervasiveness in converged telecommunications, user-centric paradigm for seamless mobility in Future internet, federated testbed management and Embedded software quality assurance and testing. She has multiple years of experience as a project coordinator of SecCord and Effectsplus EU FP7 funded research projects that relates to trust and security ( responsible for security research project clustering, leading to increased collaboration, dissemination,networking strategic research agenda’s, roadmapping and research to industry translation. Here she actively lead the Cybersecurity & Privacy (CSP) Forum initiative www.cspforum.eu funded via the EU FP7 secCord project.
Currently Frances is working on an EU-US ICT research project called DISCOVERY focused on creation of a Transatlantic ICT Forum as a sustainable mechanism to support dialogues for EU-North America cooperation in the field of ICT.
With 12 years experience of working in EU funded research projects, she now has a direct interest in urban mobility, transport and automotive related research thematic areas (eg Mobility As A Service, ADAS, HMI, intelligent/Smart transport and mobility and the adoption and use of ICT technologies to intelligent transport systems) and is actively engage in EU H2020 proposal creation and submissions in the Mobility for Growth and Automated Road transport Open Calls.
- Successful in obtaining EU FP7 funding for CSA SecCord research project. Approximately 1 Million Euros awarded.
- Successful in the proposal coordination and submission of the IPACSO CSA research project. Approximately 1 Million Euros awarded.
- Receiver of Enterprise Ireland 2012 Achievement Certificate: Ireland’s champions of EU research recognising the achievements of Ireland’s FP7 project leaders.
- Best paper: ICSEA conference: Daidalos II: Implementing a Scenario driven Process’
Key Events organised
- Successful setup and running of the CSP EU Forum ( Cybersecurity and Privacy EU forum). Successful planning , running and hosting of the CSP Forum annual conferences in collaboration with the European Commission.
- Completed Leadership and Development course level 9 – Waterford Institute Of technology.
- Completed ‘Developing & Commercialising Technology Seminar’.
- European Commission Training: FP7 Coordinators Day on Project Management.
- Enterprise Ireland: FP7 negotiations training course.
- Enterprise Ireland: How to Write a Competitive Proposal
- Completed Training for PSM (TM), Professional Scrum Master
Editor Future Internet Springer Books
Editor Springer Books:
Third Cyber Security and Privacy EU Forum, CSP Forum 2014, Athens, Greece, may 21-22, Revised Selected Papers,Communications in Computer and Information Science ( Editor Frances Cleary, Massimo Felici ), ISBN 978-3-319-12574-9, http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319125732
Fourth Cyber Security and Privacy EU Forum, CSP Forum 2015, brussels, Belgium, April 28-29th, Revised Selected Papers,Communications in Computer and Information Science (Editor Frances Cleary, Massimo Felici ), ISBN: 978-3-319-25359-6 (Print) 978-3-319-25360-2 (Online) . http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-3-319-25360-2