Kriti commenced her PhD in Science at TSSG, in October 2014, after completing her Bachelor’s-Master’s in Technology (Computer Science and Engineering) from LNM Institute of Information Technology, India, in May 2014. She is currently working on the SFI Precision Dairy project under the supervision of Dr. Stepan Ivanov and Prof. William Donnelly. Her thesis entitled ‘Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) Based Analytics for Precision Dairy Farming’ focuses on the design of novel Fog Computing algorithms for sensor-based execution (sensor analytics) to provide real-time solutions for dairy farming applications. Her work addresses three main aspects of the project:
- Development of a universal sensor system to monitor the environmental conditions within the farm, as well as animal health and mobility.
- Design of an algorithmic framework for the implementation of analytic tasks on battery-powered sensor devices in the context of Precision Dairy Farming.
- Design of a policy logic to accommodate specific adjustments in the WSN-based analytics to cater to the changes in the requirements of the farm management personnel.
- S. Ivanov, K. Bhargava, W. Donnelly, Precision Farming: Sensor Analytics, IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol.30, no.4, pp.76-80, Jul.-Aug. 2015.
- C. Kulatunga, K. Bhargava, D. Vimalajeewa, S. Ivanov, Cooperative In-network Computation in Energy Harvesting Device Clouds, Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems, Elsevier, DOI: 10.1016/j.suscom.2017.10.006.
- K. Bhargava, S. Ivanov, A Fog Computing Approach for Localization in WSN, IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Montreal, QC, Canada, Oct. 2017.
- K. Bhargava, G. McManus, S. Ivanov, Fog-centric Localization for Ambient Assisted Living, 2017 International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE/ITMC), Madeira Island, Portugal, Jun. 2017.
- K. Bhargava, S. Ivanov, C. Kulatunga, W. Donnelly, Fog-enabled WSN system for animal behavior analysis in precision dairy, 2017 International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC), Santa Clara, CA, Jan. 2017.
- K. Bhargava, S. Ivanov, W. Donnelly, C. Kulatunga, Using Edge Analytics to Improve Data Collection in Precision Dairy Farming, Eleventh IEEE International Workshop on Practical Issues in Building Sensor Network Applications (IEEE SenseApp 2016), Dubai, UAE, Nov. 2016.
- K. Bhargava, S. Ivanov, Collaborative Edge Mining for Predicting Heat Stress in Dairy Cattle, Wireless Days 2016, 8th IFIP Wireless Days conference, Toulouse, France, Mar 2016.
- K. Bhargava, S. Ivanov, W. Donnelly, Internet of Nano Things for Dairy Farming, Second Annual International Conference on Nanoscale Computing and Communication, no. 24, Sep.2015.
- K. Bhargava, A. Kashyap, T.A. Gonsalves. Wireless Sensor Network Based Advisory System for Apple Scab Prevention, 2014 Twentieth National Conference on Communications, vol.,no., pp.1-6, Feb.-Mar. 2014.